Sunday, September 6, 2009

New Grass



Two months, multiple loads of compost, and uncountable nights and weekends, we finally have grass. Jon, my brother John and I spent Friday and a bit of Saturday laying sod. I am so glad to have it in. Now there will be no more muddy paws or little shoes (I hope).

If you haven't noticed we still have work to do, more weeding, gardens, and edges.
Plus, there is a back/side section we don't want grass. We have BIG plans for a brick patio, walkway, and nice greenery. We just first have to figure out how to level parts and build a mini retaining wall.
If you own a house, no matter the age, projects are part of the game, and if you don't, someone that does will ask you to help out...thanks John.

1 comment:

Jo said...

Good work! Isn't it satisfying afterward to go look at what you got accomplished? Every project we complete I'm so glad we are that much closer to having our yard all done.