We welcomed Madelynn Marie, Monday morning April 5th, just after 7am. Weighing in at 7 lbs 3.5 oz. and 19.5" long. She is a sweet baby, who loves to be held.
She couldn't wait to get here. I may have been two weeks early but I don't think she realized that. On Thursday, the Doctor did warn me I might be having a baby over the Easter weekend. I woke up at 4am Monday with my water breaking and contractions 2 minutes apart, 1 minute by the time we left the house. I showed up to the hospital at 5am fully ready to have a baby. It was insane. I was told not to wait that long before coming in, which made me laugh, since there wasn't a choice. I felt normal all day and night, even at 2:30am for my bathroom break. I have to hand it to any women who doesn't get medicated. I was willing to hold perfectly still through 3 contractions as I felt like pushing for that epidural. I was able to have a regular delivery and avoid a c-section (VBAC). All went well and we have a healthy baby. Though she had to be a glow worm for a day to clear up her jaundice.
Liam has been a good helper, for an almost two year old. He loves to give her hugs and hold her. Plus he won't be getting a baby sister this weekend for his Birthday.
Madelynn did wait long enough for us to enjoy Easter.









5 comments:
Wow, that's amazing you went that fast! Way to VBAC I doubt I'll ever get to do that unless I have a suprise like yours! She is beautiful!
Congratulations!! I hadn't heard...What an exciting time.
Did Liam get sand toys for Easter??? Let me know. I might need to find something else for his birthday. :-)
Congratulations!! That was a fast labor and delivery. I'm glad you got there in time =).
Congrats again! We are so excited to come see both your cute kids! Fun Pictures!
Post a Comment