Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Well


I am always looking for fun projects for my art classes. A week ago the idea for a stop motion, claymation popped into to my mind. The problem is I have NEVER done one or have much idea of how make one. I have watched The Nightmare Before Christmas, and Wallace and Gromit, but that is where my knowledge ends.
Thank you, internet for expanding my knowledge base.

I have my 3-D Design students create a simple cause and effect flip book for their last project. Its a prefect final project mainly because there is no mess involved. I know I am crazy, but I am sure a claymation will be more exciting. It does involve, finding a place in my classroom for a dozen small "sets", borrowing cameras, buying tripods, I have the modeling clay, and braving the computer lab...something I have yet to do in my nine years of teaching. Let alone trying to predict all the problems that will come up with a class of 14-15 year olds.

So, this weekend I (with some help from Jon), put a claymation together. With all its imperfections still left...hey, it is my first time...here is my little movie, The Well. Enjoy.

With some luck, and hopefully not too many bumps, I will be starting this project with my 3-D Design class in two weeks. Let the craziness begin.

3 comments:

Harmony said...

Pretty cool. I think your students will have fun with it.

Jo said...

Sounds like fun to me! I think they'll have a blast with it. I need some of your creativness.

Nate said...

I like the part where jon's hand is still in the shot!