Liam is approaching the year mark. Where has my little baby gone. I can hardly believe its been a year.
One year marks a transition phase of his life, all which I find a bit overwhelming.
The new forward facing car seat was easy, other than deciding which one. One item checked off my list, many to still complete.
Food, is the next thing we are transitioning. Liam is eating more regular food. I try to incorporate a bit of what we are eating into his meals. Only TWO bottom teeth, tend to pose a slight problem to eating less mashed goo. Liam tends to enjoy smashing food between fingers, or dropping it to see if our dog, Lucy, will eat it (Liam giggles when she does). He must be getting some in him, he still has a little Buddha belly.
The sippy cup, is another frustration. I have yet to find a balance between letting him drink out of a sippy cup, which means drinking next to nothing, verses using the bottle, which is faster and Liam gets all of his milk. I am proud to say Liam is doing quite well drinking out of a regular cup! Though, a shirt change often follows the event.
I am excited to switch over to whole milk. No more formula!
Getting rid of the pacifier is one more change. Currently, Liam only uses one for sleeping. I hope since he has a stuffed animal he snuggles in bed, we will be able to make that transition.
As for walking, Liam just isn't there yet. He has been pulling himself up for months, he "cruises", but there is no balance.
Liam has a small vocabulary, ball tops his list, followed by aht oh, Mama, and sometimes Da.
I am amazed at the rate of growth and learning that one so small goes through in a year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
It's fun to see him grow! My two cents--the sooner you lose the pacifier, the better.
I know how you feel! I was just thinking that I can't believe Annabelle will be 8 months old. I really don't know where the time goes! I guess kids speed up your life even more! Liam will walk with time, it usually takes boys a little longer.
It is amazing how fast they grow and a little sad too. It sounds like you're doing great with the transtions. As far as walking he'll get there sooner than you think. Binky, is a hard one but I did the same and just faded it out little by little until they didn't even know it was gone. Sippy cup takes a while but both my Boys were still drinking a bottle with whole milk for a month or so after they turned one. Take it slow, your doing awesome. And so is Liam. It's been fun watching him grow and develop this past year, what a Cute Boy!
Post a Comment