Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Let the Rot Begin

One afternoon Liam decided to watch some t.v. (even a black screen is interesting). It has not taken long for him to figure out what the remote is for.
No t.v. before age two is almost impossible unless I decide not to watch any. I wish that was realistic.

4 comments:

Jo said...

unfortunately, it is almost impossible. Nate's favorite thing was to watch t.v and have Corbin sitting on his lap watching with him. They often fell asleep like that. Something that eased my guilt was to get the "Signing Times" dvd's. Even at Liam's age Corbin and Aidan both loved to watch them. They are totally Educational but fun for the Kids and it helps them develop any type of language skills. Let me know if you would like more info on them.

Harmony said...

Just wait until your 4-yr-old can find his way around the Internet to the games that go with whatever his favorite cartoon is at the time. These tech-savvy kids can be scary! And it's probably unavoidable.

Liesl Martin said...

We found the only way to avoid the no tv before 2 rule is not to have a tv. We can still watch any shows or movies we want from our computer, but after Belle's in bed. I know it is a little extreme for most people, but we've enjoyed it. Of course, she still sees it when we go to other people's houses.....but what can you do =)

Prepare Today For Tomorrow said...

I am not stalking you:) I ran across your blog and thought I would check it out. Mine is sterzeradventures.blogspot.com---you can find people from our ward on the side as well. It is fun to see what everyone is up to:)