Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Remote Controlled
Our house contains many remote controlled items. None are mine.
7 airplanes, a few cars, and a robot.
It is my theory that guys of all ages are fascinated by wheels, and power. If it can move and be remotely controlled, boys are hooked.
Airplanes
When I showed Jon the house we are now at, I knew he would fall in love. It backs a large soccer park. All he saw, was a flying field in our backyard. Jon enjoys building and flying gas and electric remote controlled airplanes. When the wind stops blowing, Jon is known to quickly head out the door with an airplane in hand.
Cars
Last weekend, Jon showed off his engineering skills. He built a pinewood derby car with an airplane motor and propeller to race in a church pinewood derby activity. Of course he won.
For Christmas, my Grandpa bought Liam a remote controlled car. The car was the motivation needed for Liam to start crawling. He is fascinated by anything that moves. Its in his blood.
Robot
Jon won a robot, at a work Christmas party, which can be controlled remotely by a computer. It is a moving video camera. Liam thinks Marvin the Robot is funny, and is always crawling over to it.
Remote controlled toys are just apart of my house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









4 comments:
Cute, all of them. Looks like Lucy and Liem get along well. By the way, what is the music?
I think it's definetly a boy thing! Although Nate doesn't like to build the airplanes he does love to go watch them and fly them when given the chance. And as you know he loves to play with Marvin the Robot. Corbin has a remote control car and four-wheeler and all the boys at my house love to play with them. We've replaced the batteries to many times to count. Sorry we can't see the pictures because they won't load on our house computer. When we go to visit Nate at Holiday Inn he lets us see them because they have wireless internet. So I've seen a few and Liam is a doll...I still can't believe he's crawling already.
Cute pics and videos. I have to admit, I'm so surrounded by things that drive and fly, remotely or otherwise, that I hardly think about it anymore. Certainly not enough to blog about it. :-) But I did make an airplane scrapbook for Jeff once, before pictures all went digital.
Jon is a lucky man, having someone that indulges his interests. I have been married to a redhead for 42 years that does that for me. When I ask her about something, her answer is "If you think we can afford it, then go for it.".
RC controlled devices abound in our home. We have Gladys, our robot vacuum cleaner. She just hums away while she vacs.
My part of it comes in when I get involved with my estore that sells rc airplane kits.
The pursuit of that interest leads me to iew all sorts of videos about various remote controlled toys.
Post a Comment