Saturday, July 9, 2011

Moments That Matter Most


Remembering to slow down and enjoy life has been my goal this summer.

I find, the more I focus on my children the more I have to "let go" of the other things in life. Jon the other night wondered what happened to many of our hobbies. (They are there, just not as involved or frequent.) I am constantly reminding myself not to worry about a clean, orderly house. Its okay that there are strips of cut paper around, as Liam loves to cut everything out. Its the human interactions that matter most. Children are only little for a short time. What we do now, is important. I am not superwoman, mother and teacher, but with a little hard work, frustrations and luck it will make a difference--well at least I keep trying to tell myself this for comfort.

This is at least my goal, to try to remember what is really important. How we react in the moment is an important teaching event.

2 comments:

Grandpa P said...

Lady, you got it right. Now if you can just force yourself to do the right thing in the press of everyday living.

We love you,

Mom & Dad P.

Harmony said...

Sounds like I have some lessons to learn from you. This one is so much easier said than done!