Saturday, July 11, 2009

Wall Art

Not many things are more satisfying than a finished project. Even more so when it takes over six months--well to be honest most of that time was figuring out what I was doing, you know thinking about it.
Around Christmas I bought four 24" x 24" canvases, and supplies for a family room painting. After thinking, and many, MANY sketches I began the painting a week ago. I wanted an abstract painting using squares and rectangles.
Painting basic shapes and making them look interesting was the cause of frustrations, enjoyment and Liam being able to prefect his fake cough for attention.
The kitchen disappeared this week. I painted on the floor during naps, took over the kitchen island, and sometime the table. Jon, was only mildly annoyed (he got KFC out of it). This, Friday night we hung it on the wall and today the house is put back together. It feels good to be done and cleaned up.











This is a mosaic project I started in April at school that I finished two weeks ago. Its going in my entryway bathroom...as soon as I work out how to hang it...I know I should have thought of that before I glued the tiles down.
And no post is complete without a picture of Liam. Here he is enjoying ice from the drink bucket on the 4th of July. He stayed up late and enjoyed the big fireworks complete with oohs and pointing. Even when he goes to sleep at 11:30 p.m. he still rises at 6:30 a.m.

1 comment:

Harmony said...

Wow! It looks great! Congratulations on getting it done. I have a few projects down this way if you're going through withdrawals. :-)